Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Powered by Blogger.

Sneak peek!


on , , , , , ,

5 comments

Is it Thursday already? Oh my word, this week has flown by! Maybe it's because I've had my nose stuck to the computer screen all week -- or maybe it's because I keep thinking about all of my to-do's before incoming house guests, vacation in two weeks, and Thanksgiving just around the corner!

In any case, I wanted to share with you a little sneak peek at the next furniture piece I'll be working on. Meet the unnamed:

I picked this bad boy up from Goodwill about six months ago. My husband thought I was crazy! But it does need a lot of work. The wooden top is torn to pieces and needs to be filled in in some spots. I paid a little more on this one than I would normally allow myself, but I just fell in love with the shape and the geometrical design. It looks like a modern twist on an Old English piece. Very heavy and very substantial! Check it out -- it comes with a hutch, too!
Here's my dilemma: what do I do to it? I've been going back and forth on what color(s) to use. Originally, I thought that I would just whitewash it in a black so that you could still see some of the wood. Then I would think to apply a paper design on top to accent. But the more I look at it, the more I think it's a little too heavy and too dark. Should I brighten it up a bit? I could either use a very thin whitewash solution (in white opposed to the black) and do something to show the detail, or I could go bold with a bright color. It may just come to me as I go.

What do you think?


Lots of love,
Mary

5 comments

  1. Anonymous

Leave a Reply